Sunday, January 3, 2010

Syncing Nokia 2730 Classic


I just got a new Nokia 2730 Classic the other day from Globe Telecoms. While tinkering with it I found 1 very big problem. It didn't sync with my Macbook, iSync doesn't work. I was hoping that I can cut the time copying contacts and calendar entries from my old iPhone to this new phone, and have the two phones in sync. I did some searching the web but the Nokia website says that iSync currently isn't supporting the 2730 Classic model. So, I did some googling, and came across this plugin. The website noted that the product  was only tested on a Mac OS X Snow Leopard version (ver. 10.6), I'm running Leopard (ver. 10.5) but everything worked fine. Here's how I did it.





  • First is download the installer [2730-v1.pkg.zip]
  • Run the downloaded installer, and follow the instructions
  • If you are already running iSync when you did this, you need to restart iSync and relaunch it.
  • iSync will be searching for the device, make sure both bluetooth devices are on (the phone and your Mac)
  • It should successfully detect the phone, and display an image of the phone
  • There are some additional options when you click the phone image (for advanced selection)
  • Then press Sync Devices, everything should work without a glitch.

Thanks to [ Webhaven ]

No comments:

Post a Comment